Metal vs timber shelf brackets
Make a design statement with metal or timber shelving brackets
Decorative shelving brackets can add zing to an interior space or blend seamlessly into the colour palette of a room. Whether your design aesthetic is pronounced or subtle, one important factor is the material of the brackets.
1. Traditional Timber Shelves
For a space with a homey and natural ambience, our Pine Stayed Brackets Raw are a fitting choice. These secure and angular shaped wooden brackets are a classic indoor shelving option.
When styling a room with traditional looking pine brackets, consider:
- Pine is an affordable, strong, wood variety - great for DIY projects
- Raw pine is easy to stain or paint if you’re looking to match your décor
- Also available in white coating for a crisp, classic feel
- For a DIY job upcycle some plywood for the shelving
If you’re planning on building shelves that add character to your space Carinya has a huge variety of decorative brackets to match your interior.
2. Warm & Wooden Shelves
If you keep your surroundings earthy yet modern, perhaps with lots of greenery, we recommend the Plywood Angle Bracket. It’s smooth finish and soft rounded edges are subtly sophisticated.
When styling a space with plywood brackets, particularly for living areas or bedrooms consider:
- Plywood is a natural product and adds warmth to the design aesthetic
- Contrast this plywood bracket with white shelving and a bright coloured feature wall
If you’re considering light duty shelving for the home or office, our range of timber shelf brackets will add detail to your décor.
3. Minimalist Metal Shelves
Less is more with minimalist design and steel is an ideal material to perfect a minimalist look. The steel Lipped Shelf Bracket Black is a mature design where the lip of the bracket hugs the edge of the shelving.
When styling shelves with steel brackets, particularly for dining areas and kitchens consider:
- The quality steel brackets are powder coated black which is a sleek and cosmopolitan finish
- There are two sizes available and both look great displaying wine glasses or light kitchen items
- Try combining with dark wood shelving and contrast against a white wall
To see more minimalist style shelving for the home or office, Carinya’s metal shelf brackets are located in the decorative bracket category online.
4. Manhattan Steel Shelves
For larger rooms and more heavy duty shelving our Manhattan Heavy Duty Angle Brackets are simple and effective. You don’t have to compromise on style just because your shelving project requires extra strength.
When styling the Manhattan brackets, perhaps for a study or walk in wardrobe, consider:
- The steel brackets are a conventional shape with a sheik white finish, also available in black
- There are a variety of sizes available and both look great displaying books or ornaments
- Try white shelves against white wall for a cohesive fresh interior
There are details about the load capacity of our brackets on Carinya’s website. Check the load rating before purchase so your shelving is robust enough for your display items.
5. Contemporary Chic Shelves
If you can’t decide between metal or timber brackets, we also have distinctive options that combine the two, like the Plywood Aluminium Stayed Bracket. These contemporary chic brackets are timber with a metal half-moon stay and look superb.
When styling these brackets for a bedroom or living area consider:
- The mix of materials is visually soft yet sleek
- There are two sizes available and both look great displaying small pot plants or books
- Make your space pop with white or black shelves on these stylised brackets
Like many of our brackets these decorative brackets are stayed which provides additional support for your shelving. You can browse more of our stayed brackets online.
Whether it’s timber, metal or a combination, designing a space with new shelving is a joy with Carinya’s decorative shelf brackets.