Stainless steel handrail brackets are a durable and aesthetic choice
Stainless steel handrail brackets are easy to install, easy to clean, and have the strength and durability to support a hefty load. That said, if you’re going to choose a quality handrail bracket, it helps to know what to look for. Additionally, a bracket that has been installed incorrectly could do damage to your handrail, your wall, and (most alarmingly) the person leaning on the rail.
To help you get the most out of stainless steel handrail brackets, we’ve prepared the following guide. Read on, and we’ll show you the advantages of this type of bracket, the best way to install them, and where to purchase brackets you can trust.
At Carinya, we make a wide variety of different brackets. If you’re looking to secure a handrail, there’s no better choice than our stainless steel handrail brackets. Pick them up in store, click and collect, or have them delivered to you via Bunnings.
What are the advantages of stainless steel handrail fittings?
There are many reasons why stainless steel is a particularly fine choice of material for a handrail bracket.
- It’s easy to maintain, and will stay shiny and clean-looking with minimal treatment. Just wipe away the dirt, and apply the occasional cleaner, and it will look good as new.
- Durable and tough
- With undeniable aesthetic appeal, it’s easy to see why people choose stainless steel brackets for handrails. They look fantastic in public spaces, and are just as well suited to modern, stylish homes.
- Affordability is always an important consideration, no matter what you’re buying. Stainless steel is a relatively cheap material and, considering all the impressive qualities it possesses, it is also great value for money.
- Our stainless steel handrails are made from Grade 304 stainless steel, these products offer excellent corrosion resistance.
How do you install a stainless steel handrail bracket?
Installing a handrail, supported by stainless steel brackets, is a relatively straightforward affair. Still, if you’re not confident with DIY, make sure you go over your handrail project with somebody who is. While the fundamental steps will always basically be the same, the finer details will vary from project to project. And if you’re not experienced with power tools, or drilling into walls, it’s always better to be safe than sorry.
Start by determining where you’d like your handrail to go, and measuring out the length that the handrail needs to be. Then, take a pencil and mark out on the wall where you need the brackets to go. (also check local building codes to ensure they are at the correct height). Ensure that the brackets run parallel with the floor or stairs, or you’ll end up with a crooked handrail. Additionally, you’ll need the brackets to be spaced about a metre apart — although that may vary depending on the weight of your chosen handrail. Then:
- Attach the brackets loosely to the wall, ensure that you are picking up a wall stud or alternatively a masonry wall.
- Place the handrail against the brackets to confirm that the brackets are all facing in the right direction.
- Tighten the handrail to the brackets, and tighten the brackets to the wall using all the screw holes.
Why choose RCR-Carinya brackets?
Our business is family owned, and based on our strong family values. Our mission is to provide strong, quality brackets that you can depend on. We do it for a competitive price, and go above and beyond to deliver our great product with unbeatable customer service.
If you have any questions about the products we sell — like a handrail mounting bracket or stainless steel handrail fitting — we can help. Even if you’re after some guidance and want some help finding the right bracket for your needs, feel free to contact us, and we’ll use our expertise to come up with a solution.
Carinya is the right choice for stainless steel handrail brackets. They’re available for purchase at Bunnings, either in store, click and collect, or delivered directly to you.